Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with cookies and it's configuration

Hi:

I had my forum in www.mydomain.com/forum and now i have moved to forum.mydomain.com.

I think i have some problems with the cookies. When i try to login if i don't check the option "remember me" i can't login to the forum. If i check that option al is working ok.

I have "Path to Save Cookies" as "/"

And "Cookie Domain" as blank.

Should i change this settings? Are the same setting that i had when the forum was at www.mydomain.com/forum

Thank you very much

Try clearing your cookies and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

no, is not working.

Thanks

Comment

If you are accessing the web via a proxy server, the IP address can change a random intervals that the ISP has configured it to do, checking the 'remember me' box should avoid any login issues resulting from this changing IP.

Comment

Boxy i forget to say that www.domain.com/forum had a different ip than forum.domain.com

Also i have experiencing a very high number of connected users (4000+) when the normal is about 1300. I think the cookie time out or something is not working well.

Comment

What do you have your cookie timeout set to? The most likely cause for the number of users online is search engine bots.

The problem is with the ISP if the login work when the remember me check box is checked.

Comment

Boxy, thank you or your help.

The cookies problem is happening to me and all to the people in the forum i really think that i have some setting incorrect.

Comment

Can you provide a link to your board so I can try this out for myself? I'm not sure what else would cause this other than the things I've already suggested.

Comment

Boxy, sure.

It's http://foro.todopocketpc.com

I really appreciate your support

Comment

What do you have your cookie timeout set to?

Comment

I have 900 sec.

Comment

It looks like a new session hash is being created for each page load but without access I can't investigate this further.

Can you raise a support ticket and provide me with login info to your Admin CP and to phpMyAdmin?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X