Restore phisically deleted threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore phisically deleted threads

I phisically deleted by mystake 3-4 threads with 10.000 posts.

I have a recent backup with this threads. Is it possible to "take" them manually and insert them into the current database?

I will pay for your support if it can be done (support by phone etc), only to tell me exactly how to repair or to be repaired by vbulletin with your professionals.
    Last edited by geovadim; Wed 24th May '06, 1:30pm.

There is no way I know of to do this. It may be possible for someone to write a fancy script for this. You can try posting in the Service Requests forum at vbulletin.org for help to ask about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

From what I see, "Service requests" is a private forum... I can't post on it.

Comment

You should be able to post in that forum, however others cannot respond.

Comment

Unfortunately, not. I see that forum as "private" and I cannot see any threads. Also I can't open a thread. My user name is the same as here, "geovadim".

Comment

That user at vbulletin.org is not showing up as licensed.

Comment

Without programming knowledge this is perhaps the easiest way. But yes, time consuming for big forums like yours.. nevertheless I am posting it here as an option to consider.

I would make a new database and restore the backup into here.

Then I would load that 'temp' forum and delete everything until you have the content left that you require. Meaning to delete all unneeded categories, forums and threads, etc.

Finally you could install impex on your site and import the content. Impex should be able to auto merge the users from both sides so you won't end up with double usernames or anything. Just make sure you select to auto merge when emails match.

Of course, make a backup of the live site before doing anything just to ensure that if this fails or doesn't result in something usefull that you can simply quit and start over.

Comment

Floris, can you try this directly on my site? You can tell me what type of acces you need and how much costs your support. I can't assume to do what you said, I am not a programmer...
                Last edited by geovadim; Thu 25th May '06, 10:13am.

Comment

No sorry, my time online is a bit limited this week. I wish I could.

Comment

Next week then? Really, I can't issue a support ticket in order to obtain vbulletin help in this problem?

Comment

Sorry, no, that goes beyond the scope of our support.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Maybe it would be a good ideea to support this too...

Anyway I wanted to report a possible bug: I erased the threads because they were sticky in a subforum and by using mass move it did't move the sticky threads... I thought that all threads were moved and I made the mistake not to check.. Unfortunately, the sticky threads were still there and they gone by erasing the subforum...

Maybe you should make by default, when using "move" from admincp, to move all threads, including the sticky threads...

Comment

When using mass move, there's an option to include sticky threads, or to exclude these...
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I try to never delete threads and always move them away from the public eye into a archive forum. But yes, if you delete a forum you will loose any threads in it. This is why I always move them, rebuild counters and load the forum again and see if there's 0 in there. Then delete the forum.

Start a support ticket with subject 'For Floris: restore impex' and we could have a talk there. I won't be working this weekend and monday, possibly not even tuesday. I make no promises though, but wouldn't mind trying to look into it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X