Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Rebuilt....but mySQL dbase won't Import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Rebuilt....but mySQL dbase won't Import?

Hello all...

after a rather violent spam/virus attack, my server is backup and running fine (w2k3/IIS6) and my forum - www.teen-terminal.com is the problem. It uses a mySQL dbase, and I was NOT able to do an SQL dump to a file for importing into the forum. rather, I have the folder from within the mySQL Data folder that holds all the tables/data etc.

my problem seems to be, and using Plesk my ControlPanel, I can not import same...only a sql dump or text file etc.

so myquestion is, what do I do to reinstall the dbase?

Jim

You need root access to the server to reinstall those files. If you do not have this access, you can ask your host to do this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmm...

I have full RDC to the server, as it's my own ded server. So I logged in, stopped mySQL, copied the folder with the dbase etc in it over to the proper Data folder under mySQL, then restarted mySQL....and voila!

Yup, no dbase....as a quick trip to teen-terminal.com shows the same error message...sigh.

What did I not do? or what else can I do to get those tables into mySQL?

Jim

Comment

You have to install those db files (assuming you have all of them) in the correct directory for MySQL databases on this server and make sure the directory and file ownership is sset correctly as well. All of this is dependent on your server.

You will then need to create a db user with full access to that database and edit your config.php file with the appropriate db info.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve...all is ALMOST well...

my forum is backup and running....but for a small problem. in phpAdmin, it reports that 6 tables are "in use" - and when I try to repair them in Admin, I get this notice....

ttvb__fc_bans Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb__fc_bans.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb__fc_bans
          ttvb__fc_connections Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb__fc_connections.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb__fc_connections
          ttvb__fc_ignors Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb__fc_ignors.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb__fc_ignors
          ttvb__fc_messages Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb__fc_messages.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb__fc_messages
          ttvb__fc_rooms Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb__fc_rooms.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb__fc_rooms
          ttvb_contestwinners Check Error: Can't open file: 'ttvb_contestwinners.ibd' (errno: 1)
          ttvb_contestwinners

Can you tell me, why that might be? And how this will be affected by normal member usage of the forum? IE I have no idea what those items are used for nor if they are errors that I can fix?

Jim

Comment

First, it's important to note those are not vB tables. They are either from another application or a hack you've instaelled.

System error: 1 = Operation not permitted

I've never seen this error before but it appears there is something wrong with these database files. I suggest you contact your host and ask them to check this out.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X