No announcement yet.

Transferring mySQL databases to a new server with vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which versions of MySQL are running on the old and new servers? You could have a version mismatch which is causing this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My new host was running mySQL 4.0, and the old host was running 4.1.16. The new host upgraded to 4.1.18, and I was able to transfer everything without a snag, by simply clearing my search index, then doing the dump, then re-adding it to the new server.

Steve, thank you so much for all the help.

Comment

Steve, they had to change some settings, and play around with the SQL to get everything working, and we're now seeing this error...

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:
        INSERT INTO post
        (showsignature, allowsmilie, username, userid, title, pagetext, iconid, visible, parentid, threadid, dateline, ipaddress, attach)
        VALUES
        (1, 1, 'Richard', 2, 'Re: Test', 'It finally works!', 0, 1, 50790, 3085, 1148646350, '68.59.231.2', 0);

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry '0' for key 1
        Error Number : 1062
        Date : Friday, May 26th 2006 @ 03:25:50 PM
        Script : http://square-forums.com/newreply.php
        Referrer : http://square-forums.com/showthread.php?p=50815
        IP Address : 68.59.231.2
        Username : Richard
        Classname : vb_database

Is this the auto-increment queries needing to be run again?

Comment

Depending what they did, that's possible, yes.
          It can't hurt to run them again in any case.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

*sigh*

I'm about to give up on this host. He's trying awfully hard...

I attempted to run the queries... on the very first try I got:

An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
            error number: 1067
            error desc: Invalid default value for 'adminhelpid'

Comment

What is the exact query you ran?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ALTER TABLE `adminhelp` CHANGE `adminhelpid` `adminhelpid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AUTO_INCREMENT;

Comment

Try this:

ALTER TABLE `adminhelp` CHANGE `adminhelpid` `adminhelpid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

And let me know if that works.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That one went through. Should I remove "DEFAULT '0'" from all the queries, and try again?

Comment

I think you'll just have to try on a one-by-one basis. If you get that error with the 'DEFAULT' then try removing it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X