private field in user profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private field in user profile?

ok heres what im lookin to do. i wanna make a certian field (phone number) visible ONLY if person A is on pers B's friends list. That way person A has to be accepted by person B and person B is aware of the request, and also so that not everyone and their mother can view this field. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
    When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
    -------------------------
    www.azsportbikes.org/forums

Hmmm... personally I can't see this being done without some extensive coding. Conditionals can't easily check other peoples profile fields when displaying yours (there'd possibly be way too many of them) to see if your ID is on their permission to see list.

I am guessing that you'd need some new data items and perhaps a new table to store this information within - which means custom coding... and with 70 posts I guess you know what you need to do now...
    John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X