X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from VB 2.0

I'm helping someone upgrade there site.

Having problems getting past the attachments step

I did some searching and it says to remove mutiple attachment hacks. How would I do this?

I dropped the post id table and get this error

Invalid SQL:
    UPDATE attachment
    SET
    postid = 96017,
    filesize = LENGTH(filedata),
    filehash = MD5(filedata)
    WHERE attachmentid = 91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105' at line 7

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95633

You need to download version 2.3.9, then run each of the appropriate upgrade scripts through upgrade22.php. This will upgrade your database to 2.2.9.

http://members.vbulletin.com/upgrade_instructions.php

After this, immediately upload the vB 3.5.4 files and run the upgrade process to it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same problem

On step 13 Update Attachments

PHP Code:
      UPDATE attachment
                      SET
                          postid 

filesize LENGTH(filedata),

filehash MD5(filedata)

WHERE attachmentid 998,999,1000,1001,1002,1003;

MySQL Error  You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '999,1000,1001,1002,1003' at line 6
      Error Number 
      Date         
      SundayMay 14th 2006 11:58:24 AM 
      I read that you have to unistall the multiple attachments hack.

This is the code changes to the database, how would I reverse it.

PHP Code:
      $nr=1;
      $allposts $DB_site->query("SELECT post.postid,post.attachmentid FROM post WHERE attachmentid > 0");
      while(
      $onepost $DB_site->fetch_array($allposts)) {

$ex explode(",",$onepost[attachmentid]);
          foreach(
      $ex as $value) {

$DB_site->query("UPDATE attachment SET postid=$onepost[postid] WHERE attachmentid=$value");
              echo 
      "<b>$nr.</b> postid: $onepost[postid] - attachmentid: $value..................<br>";

$nr++;
          }
      }

?> 

Comment

Sorry, I do not know how to iuninstall that hack. You can try contacting the author of that hack for assistance.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there any other way i can import the attachment table to 3.5.

Everything else works but that one table, it has 5 years of attachments.

Comment

I don't know how to do this without uninstalling that hack. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there anyway to covert the Attachements to 3.5. They don't want to be on vb 2.0 forever

The plan is have the attachments in the file system, is there any scripts you guys have to export them to file system after the upgrade.

Thanks

Comment

When you upgrade the attachyments will upgrade along with it (assuming you have no hacks installed affecrting attachments.) Then you can move these to the file system if your server allows this, i.e., no safe mode or open_basedir restrictions in PHP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The problem is during the install everything works fine but step 14

PHP Code:
                  UPDATE attachment 
                                  SET 
                                      postid 

filesize LENGTH(filedata), 

filehash MD5(filedata

WHERE attachmentid 998,999,1000,1001,1002,1003

MySQL Error  You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '999,1000,1001,1002,1003' at line 6 
                  Error Number 
                  Date         
                  SundayMay 14th 2006 11:58:24 AM 
                  Can't it skip errors, it would be better to have most attachment then a few that don't carry over.

Comment

Step 14 of which script?

I also just noticed the earlier posts about the multiple attachments hack. As I said previously you will need to completely remove that hack before you can upgrade and still keep your attachements.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

On step 13 Update Attachments of the 3.5 upgrade scripts.

That hack is unistalled but it must of made edits to the db

This hack is built in to 3.0, so shouldn't there be a way to skip over the database edits and move on to the next step?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. The database edits are absolutely necessary. And I can definitely state for a fact that this hack was not built-in to 3.0.

I really don't know hiow to fix this other than to suggest you start all over with a backup and completely remove all traces of that hack prior to attempting the upgrade again.

One other possibility would be to install a frech copy of 3.5.4 and try to import the data using Impex.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What i ment was multiple attachments was included with 3.0, this hack was based on it and has the same database edit.

I guess i can start reading up on Impex.

Comment

Once i get past that error the rest of the install works fine. So could you just import the attachment tables with impex?

Comment

I doubt that would work since there have been changes to that table. You can try though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X