Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having the forums page in a forums folder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refer to the vBulletin zip file. All of vBulletin's directory names and file names can be seen in the contents of that file. You can delete those files after you have moved them to their new location.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Refer to the vBulletin zip file. All of vBulletin's directory names and file names can be seen in the contents of that file. You can delete those files after you have moved them to their new location.
      sorry im still not clear on this. i see no distinction telling me what is what in directories.

can you just write the path to where i need to be and what files and folders need to be transerred, here is where i am.

cpanel > file manager > public_html

Comment

The public_html directory is your web root. You have already copied your forum files to a forum directory within the web root, so now you can delete the old files (the same ones you copied).

Comment

i figured it out.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            Yes... to move your forums from the web root to a "forum" directory, you need to create the directory within the web root and copy the forum files into it. Then you can delete the files from the web root and upload your own homepage.
            i can upload a whole custom homepage? does it have to follow vb templates or anything?

what i have in mind for my homepage is basically some of the vb options plus my logo and other things. maybe a site letter of some kind.

and the login box, maybe the navbar, ads and stuff, with the same page background as my forums page background.

this is gonna be another learning process for me, can you give me some ideas about accomplishing this.

im also considering looking for someone to make me a custom logo, homepage and maybe skin.

Comment

It doesn't have to be like the forums.

It sounds like what you want is a portal that integrates with vBulletin. That are several free ones available on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Working...
              X