Quick Edit -> Go Advanced problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Edit -> Go Advanced problem

I've got quick edit enabled for my posts. However if I click EDIT on a post and then click GO ADVANCED, in the advanced edit view it doesn't show the WYSIWYG editor. Instead has the text with the bb codes.

But if I try and make a new thread, it brings up the WYSIWYG editor.

I don't have that problem on this forum.

I have never heard of this problem, but I would try upgrading to the latest version (3.5.4, like this forum) since we don't have that problem here. Plugins, style mods, or file hacks might also be to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      I don't have that problem on this forum.

I have never heard of this problem, but I would try upgrading to the latest version (3.5.4, like this forum) since we don't have that problem here. Plugins, style mods, or file hacks might also be to blame.
      I only just upgraded and don't have any file hacks. I have a few plugins which I've tried disabling with no luck.

Will try reverting my style back to the normal vB one and see.

Comment

Check your
        AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Make sure the Full Editor has Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Controls selected.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
          Check your
          AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Make sure the Full Editor has Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Controls selected.
          Yup that is enabled.

Comment

Try disabling all your plugins, and reuploading the default vBulletin non-image files, overwriting your current files and see if that helps.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Well under "Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls" I changed " Quick Edit" to "Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Controls" and that did it.

It seems that when you go from Quick Edit -> Advanced. It uses whatever selection you have made in the "Quick Edit" Drop down box.

Comment

I've noticed the same problem with the Quick Reply.

When you go from either Quick Reply or Quick Edit -> Advanced, it uses whatever Quick Reply or Quick Edit is set to (in terms of the editing mode) for the Advanced screen.

Would you call this a bug?

Just thought i'd let you know.

Comment

Actually, it seems to use the WYSIWYG editor, but switches to the Basic Editor Mode...

Please report it in the Bug Tracker, the developers will decide if it can be classified as a bug or not
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

FYI:

This is the designed behavior of the editor.
                      That's after submitting it to the bug tracker

Comment

Yes, I read the ticket
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X