DB expert needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB expert needed

I am switching servers and experiencing major problems transferring the DB. I imported my back up files into the new DB, but data appears to be corrupted, there are endless crucial errors on the new message board.

I am looking for someone knowledgeable to work closely with me on this issue, as I need my board up and running ASAP. Will pay.
    Last edited by Annya; Wed 10th May '06, 9:48am.

No need to pay, what is the mysql server you are moving from, and what is the mysql server you are moving too. Please be aware it is against our forum policies to ask for work requests.

If you need one please try www.vbulletin.org @ the service request forum.

Comment

I was not aware of the policy, sorry.

I am moving from mysql.fatcow.com to bluehost.com

Comment

I'll need more info still, I need to know what versions of mysql mysql.fatcow.com is using and what version of mysql bluehost.com is using in order to help with a transfer.

Comment

fatcow.com (old server) runs 4.1.14.

bluehost.com (new server) runs MySQL version 4.1.18-standard-log

Comment

You shouldn't have any major issues while restoring, what errors do you get if any while restoring the database, and what problems do you get after you restore the database?

Comment

Here it is: http://70.103.140.117/~kartamir/forum/. The forum is currently locked.

Even though it shows the correct number of total posts (about 36K), the threads and posts themselves are not visible.

And now I can't even log in to my Admin CP to unlock the forum. I keep getting this error:
              Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
              File: /home/kartamir/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php
              Line: 2983

As you can see, it is absolutely not functional. I will delete the new messed up database and reinstall the board on the new server. But I will need assistance with my new attemp to import the old data.

Comment

No need, that error usually means a style / language is broken.

You can use tools.php in the do_not_upload folder to re-import style + language.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Looks like some of your files were not uploaded properly, try re-uploading them.

Also, try re-running finalupgrade.php inside of the installs folder.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X