Problems with Editing Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Editing Templates

In the admincp, when I go to edit templates it appears to have no CSS. That's okay. But when I double-click to expand groups, or hit "Customize" it fails to do anything. It seems to have lost the cp header somehow, and even reuploading the entire admincp from a brand new download of 3.5.4 didn't seem to solve it. This missing header also happens when I save a style, or some style-related option (such as save CSS to file), and also I noticed it when I saved a plugin config. Any ideas?

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I reuploaded all the files as requested...this is a pretty much clean install (other than Impex) and currently has no modifications or plugins. It has the same symptoms. I also tried downloading a new copy of 3.5.4 from the website and it's still not workig. I removed all the Impex files and tried again, but it still didn't work.

Comment

I'm confused. What does Impex have to do with this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I'm confused. What does Impex have to do with this?
          Well, above you said to disable any hacks or plugins, and I consider Impex something which changes the behavior (admincp xml). I was simply removing all other influences that could possibly be creating alternate behaviors.

Comment

Have you reupload *all* the original vB non-image files exxcept for install.php? Have you tried a different browser?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, I reuploaded everything in the vB file except for install.php and images. I also tried IE, and Opera with the same results. The cp header is missing from the source of the file.

It begins here:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/vbulletin_templatemgr.js"></script>
              <script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
              var SESSIONHASH = "";
              var EXPANDSET = "2";

Completely missing <html> and other header goodness. It does have the end tags however.

Comment

The 'source' of what file exactly?

I honestly don't see how this could happen with all the original files, otherwise everyone would have this problem.

Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents'. If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay I've done a little more investigating. I downloaded directly to my server (lynx -> login, etc.), untarred it into a brand new directory, pasted my config from the current board and it still has the problem. I ran the check and it was all good, so I'm thinking it might be something with my server. I run Litespeed Webserver + PHP 5.1.2 via LSAPI.

phpinfo(): http://area51.nanoshock.net/phpinfo.php

I'll try moving it over to an Apache server in a minute.

A clean install on Apache worked. Hrm...

Comment

I managed to fix it. I upgraded to PHP 5.1.4 as well as the new LSAPI interface. In their release notes they cited fixing a bug which occasionally corrupted header information, so I think that was the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X