Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaser threads on front page from private forum

Hello,

I use the frontpage cms system from vbadvanced to put a front page on my forum. We also have one forum which is subscription only, and users have to pay to gain entry.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include teaser threads on the front page? So basically show the latest threads from all forums on the front page but then not allow access, or go to a signup page if the user doesn't have access rights.

Is this possible? Should I post on the vbadvanced forum?

Many thanks,
    Tom

You can't do that without code modification, as vBulletin only displays the last threads from forums that guests view.
    I recommend you ask on www.vbulletin.org or www.vbadvanced.com
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks, i've posted on vbadvanced and it is actually possible to ignore forum permissions when displaying news items and latest posts on the front page. My problem now is that it just takes the user to the standard 'You don't have permission to access to page message' rather than our paid subscription page which would be much better for actually getting users to sign up.

I will see if they can come up with something at vbadvanced.

Cheers,
      Tom

Comment

I have seen such a mod at vbulletin.org

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111561

Is that what you're looking for?

Comment

Thanks, not exactly what I was looking for but something we could possibly also include.
          Last edited by existem; Fri 5 May '06, 5:04am.

Comment