This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Notes

This may seem like a silly question, I'm just setting up a new site to bear with me....What are site admins mainly using the 'User Notes' feature for? The documentation suggests that it can used for keeping comments about a user attached to the user's profile, as in keeping it in one place. And I understand about assigning permissions to view them. However, seems to me it would be easier to do this in a restricted forum. Am I missing something here? Can anyone direct me to some examples?

Thanks again for the help.

I don't think they are used on many forums.

For example... a user misbehaves so the admin enters a usernote and warns the user. Then that same user misbehaves again. The admin checks the usernotes and sees that this is a repeat offense so punishment is in order.

Or they can be used for accountability. For example, you can allow regular users to post notes about others. If a user is curious what others think of some one, then he can check the usernotes of that user.

Comment

There is a good hack on vbulletin.org that when a user has a note, a little icon pops up beside there name so you can read the notes.

Comment

Send infraction to the user

I can find "User Infractions" in AdminCP left panel, but form where to leave an infraction to the user?

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry wrong thread

re: "User Infractions"

I am running v.3.6.8.

Comment

Please start your own thread in the relevant forum for the version that you are running.
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X