No announcement yet.

Can't login after upgrade from 3.0.7 - 3.5.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't have anything to do with the underlying problem. Please read post #28 again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I appreciate your observation. Just using simple logic I would 'think' that if i can log on to live site/db, if I copied exact same db locally I would be able to log on to it there. Even IF it is corrupted in some way, I should be able to log in just as I log in to live site.
      Larry Eitel - Administrator & Webmaster
      NoBlood.org
      Transfusion Alternatives and Blood Management

Comment

Not meaning to be rude but it would be a lot easier to help if you read my posts, answer the questions I ask and at least try the suggestion. Like the ones in post #28 for instance. Please answer that and also let me know if you followed my suggestion and if so, what happened when you did this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No worries. I have tried all of your ideas as mentioned in your posts and more. Where I am at at the moment is I have been able to (without breaking up the .sql file) to import directly with mysql with out an error. I added the following to my my.ini file:
          skip-locking
          key_buffer = 256M
          max_allowed_packet = 5M
          table_cache = 256
          sort_buffer_size = 1M
          read_buffer_size = 1M
          read_rnd_buffer_size = 4M
          myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
          thread_cache_size = 8
          query_cache_size= 16M
          # Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
          thread_concurrency = 8
          wait_timeout = 30

With another clean db running locally, I was still unable to log in. So I erased the password and salt values. I can now login. I then tried to reset password but i complained because the 'old' value was blank. Wouldn't let me set a new password.

But all I really care is to be able to dev locally for now. So i am now currently building a mirror of live site on the same server to verify things are cool before I proceed.
          NoBlood.org

Comment

Ok, so now I have a mirror of same code and data on same server. No prob with database or login and logout/login.

Without knowing the issue preventing me from logging in locally on copy of same live site, I will ignore that for now by removing my local password. That way I can stag locally my upgrade to 3.54.

If anyone reading this thread has any comments as to what my be causing my prob, please jump in.

Thanks!
            NoBlood.org

Comment

I have the same problem here, upgraded from 3.0.7 to 3.5.4 and it just won't login
              Forex Trading

Comment