Linked Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked Sections

Well, all of what I want probably isn't possible. But I thought I'd give it a shot.

1. I have 2 linked forums going to different places..

Is there any way I can get rid of the Last Post Threads Posts?

2. Is there any way to space these out? They are subforums inside the emcee section.

http://www.hiphoprelated.com/hosted/2.gif

I guess thats all my questions for now...Probably not possible, but I thought it was worth an ask.

Also, is there a way for me to put a marker next to each of the above sections (Emcee Arena and Artwork Arena) to show new posts. I have it so they are kind of like their own sections, almost like a diff site. You can see it here...

http://www.hiphoprelated.com

1) Similar to this. Remove the additional cells and increment the colspan numbers accordingly.

2) "Space out" how exactly?

3) Link forums cannot have posts, so I am not sure what you mean when you talk about "new post markers."

Comment

Now I am assuming you want to hide those "Last Post", "Threads", and "Posts" columns only for those 2 "forums". Assuming that they are forumid #12 and #13, you'd do this:

Modify both these templates:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> FORUMHOME

...and:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Display Templates -> FORUMDISPLAY

Make the changes shown:

Code:
          <tr align="center">
            <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
            <td class="thead" width="100%" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[forum]</td>
            [COLOR=Blue]<if condition="$forum[forumid] == 12 or $forum[forumid] == 13">[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=Blue]<td colspan="3" class="thead" width="175">Description</td>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Blue]      <else />[/COLOR]
              <td class="thead" width="175">$vbphrase[last_post]</td>
              <td class="thead">$vbphrase[threads]</td>
              <td class="thead">$vbphrase[posts]</td>
      [COLOR=Blue]      </if>[/COLOR]
            <if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
              <td class="thead">$vbphrase[moderator]</td>
            </if>
          </tr>
      Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

...and:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Make the changes shown:

Code:
      [COLOR=Blue]    <if condition="$forum[forumid] == 12 or $forum[forumid] == 13">
      [/COLOR]      [COLOR=Blue]<td colspan="3" class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">$forum[description]</td>[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Blue]    <else />
      [/COLOR]      <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">$forum[lastpostinfo]</td>
            <td class="alt1">$forum[threadcount]</td>
            <td class="alt2">$forum[replycount]</td>
      [COLOR=Blue]    </if>[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]
      [/COLOR]    <if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
            <td class="alt1"><div class="smallfont">$forum[moderators]&nbsp;</div></td>
          </if>
      Last edited by feldon23; Wed 26 Apr '06, 6:26pm.

Comment

Fixed a few issues as of now.

Comment

Thanks alot feldon23 But I cant find any of what you said in your first code in the FORUMHOME template?

And is there any way I can grab the newest post code from another section and make it show up in that forum? Because currently I have 2 hidden forums that you can only access from a direct link or by going through these linked forums. So is there any way I can show the newest post from this hidden section on the linked section?
          Last edited by Makaveli105; Wed 26 Apr '06, 10:55pm.

Comment

If those forums are subforums of your forum, then the last post info should show if they have permission to view that forum. Instead of trying to hide the forum, why not use usergroup permissions to pick and choose which users can and can't view those forums? If you are using the "Hidden" feature, someone can always guess the URL and get into that forum.

Comment

I don't mind if people see though, my battle section for hip hop lyrics was just very big and taking up alot of space. I could have made everything sub-forums but I wanted to make it look a little unique. So I made the section look like an entrance to a special battle section. I was just wondering if there was any way I could show if there were new posts in the forum hidden and being linked too. I know, a bit of a strange request :P But I like how things are looking!

http://www.hiphoprelated.com/hosted/emceescreen.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X