Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to download with phpmyadmin?

Hello,

Just wondering is there any reason why when I attempted to export a database table with phpmyadmin, IE loads a new page and phpmyadmin dumps whatever is in the table onto the new page as a text message box. I thought it is supposed to open a new window for me to save it onto the local hard disk. Also, when I tried to copy and paste the displayed database content, the hourglass (indicating it's processing) never go away. The table is about 180,000 rows and I have selected to export only 30,000. Is this still too much?

The reason I'm doing this is because I have no FTP and SSH access due to a problem with the server. I attempted to download using the backup utility in vBulletin's admincp but because the table vbulletinpost is too large, I only got part of it before php timed out. So now I am able to log in onto phpmyadmin and I'm using this export function. Hopefully I can export a small chunk at a time. There are about 180,000 lines so I'm trying to export in 30,000 line increments.

Try using a software like mysqldumper if you don't have SSH access.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X