Question about user problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about user problem

I'm sorry, I am sure my answer is somewhere but I have searched and cannot find it. I am a new vBulletin user so dealing with common problems is something I am learning.

A user is having problems posting and he says this:

I cleared all cookies and cached pages before logging on, just in
    case. I am set to accept cookies.

Once again, when submitting a reply to a post, I am getting an error
    message that I have not logged in. I definitely have logged in, and come to think of
    it, one cannot even write a reply in the current system without being logged in to
    start with.

In punching the button for either "post" or "preview" (I tried all including the
    buttons directly below the post or the box beneath it), I get the message:

1. You are not logged on or do not have permission to access this page . . .
    2. You may not have sufficient privileges . . .
    3. [something about not having permission to post]

So I entered my handle and password in the spaces provided, hit the submit button
    and I get the message:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Where should I search for the answer to this as I am sure it is a common issue?

Thank you for the help.

Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.

To login as that user you would need to reset his password by typing the new one in the password field. You can then tell him what you changed this to after you've tested it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok Steve I will. I failed to mention that his post did appear on the site after he sent me that but apparently it then showed him as logged out following that.

Charlie
      Last edited by Pirate45; Mon 24th Apr '06, 1:20pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X