• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mark.B
    vBulletin Support

• Mark.B
    replied
    It's important not to get files confused with templates, they are very different.

FILES are the php files that you upload to the server. The only way to get these back to default is to overwrite them with default, unmodified files.

TEMPLATES are controlled via your admin panel, these have a 'revert' option which will revert them to their default state.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    when you go into the template editor, theres an option to revert the template. seemed to make all the changes go back to the original template and lose all changes made. seems the problem with hacks is that most of em may work but the way they interact with each other can be a pain in the ass cancelling each other (and then some) out. But thats what i did was go thru and revert all the templates except for the postbit_legacy TEMPLATE (sorry) still early here, seems to have undone all the hacks that i tried before.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F

• Colin F
    replied
    Technically yes, but there's no 'revert' function for files.
    How exactly would you revert them?

Edit: postbitl_legacy is a template, not a file.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    the only custom things i did was change the postbit_legacy to show additional fields from user registration fields such as age, location, what type of bike a person has and years theyve been riding.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    i thought thats what reverting files did was change them back to t he originals, nixing any changes?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F

• Colin F
    replied
    Custom additions are the same as hacks and mods
    And you can't revert files, you'll have to overwrite your files with the original files, or undo your changes.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    ok then thats probably going to be a LOT easier than reuploading all the files. thats the answer i was hoping for. because there is one file i need to keep the same without changing because of all the changes we made to it. no hacks mods or anything jsut custom additions.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That would only remove any changes made to the vBfiles. That does nothing for changes made to the database or templates.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    what about reverting all modified files back to their originals? would that pretty much be the same thing as well?

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    ok cool, thanks a bunch guys.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You'll need to contact the authors of your hacks and add-ons for a complete list of what they change.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    but those tables of fields may possibly not matter after i reupload all the files correct?

one other thing, as far as any style customizations, forum permissions, etc non-hack changes, would those have to be reset too?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F

• Colin F
    replied
    No idea, that depends on the hacks you installed.
    Anything from added tables to added fields.

Leave a comment:

• r0xt4r
    replied
    cool, thanks, what kind of database changes would i be looking at?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F

• Colin F
    replied
    If you reupload all the default files, overwriting your current files, and remove any plugins/products you have installed, that should remove any hacks.
    It could be that there are still database changes, but these usually shouldn't affect your board.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X