how do you reset vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you reset vbulletin

im not sure if this has been covered or not. i was playing with hacks and mods and wanted to reset vbuletin to basically a clean install. im wondering if its possible to re upload all the files again in order to overwrite all the changes made and return all the files to their original states with no modifications. aby help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by r0xt4r; Mon 24th Apr '06, 9:50am.
    When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
    -------------------------
    www.azsportbikes.org/forums

If you reupload all the default files, overwriting your current files, and remove any plugins/products you have installed, that should remove any hacks.
    It could be that there are still database changes, but these usually shouldn't affect your board.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

cool, thanks, what kind of database changes would i be looking at?
      When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Comment

No idea, that depends on the hacks you installed.
        Anything from added tables to added fields.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

but those tables of fields may possibly not matter after i reupload all the files correct?

one other thing, as far as any style customizations, forum permissions, etc non-hack changes, would those have to be reset too?

Comment

You'll need to contact the authors of your hacks and add-ons for a complete list of what they change.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok cool, thanks a bunch guys.

Comment

what about reverting all modified files back to their originals? would that pretty much be the same thing as well?

Comment

That would only remove any changes made to the vBfiles. That does nothing for changes made to the database or templates.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok then thats probably going to be a LOT easier than reuploading all the files. thats the answer i was hoping for. because there is one file i need to keep the same without changing because of all the changes we made to it. no hacks mods or anything jsut custom additions.

Comment

Custom additions are the same as hacks and mods
                      And you can't revert files, you'll have to overwrite your files with the original files, or undo your changes.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Comment

i thought thats what reverting files did was change them back to t he originals, nixing any changes?

Comment

the only custom things i did was change the postbit_legacy to show additional fields from user registration fields such as age, location, what type of bike a person has and years theyve been riding.

Comment

Technically yes, but there's no 'revert' function for files.
                            How exactly would you revert them?

Edit: postbitl_legacy is a template, not a file.
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Comment

when you go into the template editor, theres an option to revert the template. seemed to make all the changes go back to the original template and lose all changes made. seems the problem with hacks is that most of em may work but the way they interact with each other can be a pain in the ass cancelling each other (and then some) out. But thats what i did was go thru and revert all the templates except for the postbit_legacy TEMPLATE (sorry) still early here, seems to have undone all the hacks that i tried before.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X