Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theads Marked as Read Issue

Ok, here is my problem.

Users will view new posts, and new threads etc in any given forum. When the user clicks back to the Main forum link, it will show the forum they just visited as Unread. When the User clicks back into the forum they just visited to see what new posts exists, there are not any new threads.

So the new threads or new posts ARE getting marked read, yet when the user visits the highest level of the forum, the categories still show unread. Is there a bug or is this "working as intended?"

Thank you

What mark read system are you using? Check in your
    AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Switch this to Database (automatic forum marking) if it's not already set to that.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      What mark read system are you using? Check in your
      AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Switch this to Database (automatic forum marking) if it's not already set to that.
      You sir, are a life savor. It was cookie based. Now has been change to DB based.

Thank you

Comment

Glad to help
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X