Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect subscriptions

I just updated my forum to version 3.5.4

Now users are reporting (and has been confirmed) that subscriptions are added to random threads when they respond. They have no subscription automatically checked in their options and there's no way I can find to stop this.

Is this a known issue?

FYI here's a thread with the discussion.

http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.php?t=48442

Comment

This does not happen with the default vB code. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally tell them to empty their browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure they change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do they have the same problems?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
      X