Moderator strangeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator strangeness

I'm having a strange problem when adding a moderator to a top level category. I want a couple of my moderators to be able to moderate across all forums, so I thought the easiest way would be to add them as moderators of top level categories.... but when I do that, the "mod" link turns up on the footer and they are able to ban users and add announcements even though I have set it so they can't when adding them to the top category forum and setting the permissions.

Is this a bug or is it something that I'm not doing correctly. I'm using 3.5.3.

Thanks

Clancy

Make sure you didn't put them into the super moderator group, this group has all moderator permissions and cannot be restricted.

Comment

Thanks Zachery,

I can't remember doing that but you were right, I had the moderator in the Super Moderator group. Oops

Now I have the permissions set so that the moderator can edit signatures, profile pics and avatars but the moderator now doesn't have the Mod CP link... do I have to manually add that in? I know the moderator can access it via forums/modcp/index.php but why is there only a Mod CP link available in the footer for Super moderators... or am I missing something?

Thanks

Clancy

Comment

Because it was changed back in 3.0.2, the code to provide a modcp to all users who were not an admin, or super mod, caused an additional query on every page.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I wonder if you could tell me how I could make that link available to just those moderators who have access to those functions and who need the Mod CP.

What if condition would I use?

Thanks again.

Clancy

Comment

Are those users in a specific usergroup?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Are those users in a specific usergroup?
              No they are not. They are just in the general moderator usergroup.

Clancy

Comment

Thats a specific group

If all of your moderators are in the moderator group

You can use

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">mod link here </if>

I believe 6 is the default moderator group id. if its not make sure to change it with your moderator usergroup

Comment

Thats a specific group

If all of your moderators are in the moderator group

You can use

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">mod link here </if>

I believe 6 is the default moderator group id. if its not make sure to change it with your moderator usergroup
                  I guess you're right, it is a specific group, but I only have a couple of moderators out of that group who will need that link. Is there an "if condition" I can use based on the user id instead of the usergroup.

Thanks again.

Clancy

Comment

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] == X">

Comment

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] == X">
                      Thanks again Zachery... just one more question... can I put more than one user ID in there?

Clancy

Comment

How many users do you have?

Comment

Use something like this:
                          <if condition="in_array($bbuserinfo[userid], array(X,Y,Z,A,B,C))">
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

How many users do you have?
                            Just three that need to have access to the Mod CP... I tried what Colin suggested and it worked.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Clancy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X