Links in quick links only showing for me admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links in quick links only showing for me admin

Hi ive added 2 links to the quick links menu, they show up fine for me but my users cant see them whats the problem? here is the code ive got

PHP Code:
    <!-- user cp tools menu -->
        <
    div class="vbmenu_popup" id="usercptools_menu" style="display:none">
            <
    table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">

<
    tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[quick_links]</td></tr>

<if 
    condition="$vboptions['enablesearches']"><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="journal.php">$vbphrase[journals]</a></td><tr>
    <
    td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="chat/flashchat.php">Live Chat Room</a></td></tr>    

<
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td></tr></if>
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td></tr>
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_buddy_list]</a></td></tr>

<
    tr><td class="thead"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_control_panel]</a></td></tr>
            <if 
    condition="$show['siglink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editsignature">$vbphrase[edit_signature]</a></td></tr></if>
            <!--<if 
    condition="$show['avatarlink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editavatar">$vbphrase[edit_avatar]</a></td></tr></if>-->
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editprofile">$vbphrase[edit_profile]</a></td></tr>
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editoptions">$vbphrase[edit_options]</a></td></tr>

<
    tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[miscellaneous]</td></tr>
            <if 
    condition="$show['pmstats']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="private.php$session[sessionurl_q]rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[private_messages]</a></td></tr></if>
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="subscription.php$session[sessionurl_q]rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[subscribed_threads]</a></td></tr>
            <
    tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[my_profile]</a></td></tr>
            <if 
    condition="$show['wollink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="online.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[whos_online]</a></td></tr></if>

</
    table>
        </
    div>
        <!-- / 
    user cp tools menu --> 

Which two links?

Comment

These 2

PHP Code:
      <td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="journal.php">$vbphrase[journals]</a></td><tr>
      <
      td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="chat/flashchat.php">Live Chat Room</a></td></tr

Comment

Do you only allow admins to search? Becauyse they are inside if the if people can search condition.

Comment

nope i tested that, i did have the links outside of the search condition before and just moved to their to see if it would make a difference but its just the same dosnt show

ALSO: i dont know if this helps in my account the links are like normal alligned to the left, in a registred users account there alligned to center.

Comment

Are you sure you are looking at the same style?

Comment

yes i only have the default vbulletin style and another 1 which i have set to default and which i only work on

Comment

Also, having a set of <tr> tags missing won't help things.

Try the following and see if it helps.

HTML Code:
                <!-- user cp tools menu -->
                    <div class="vbmenu_popup" id="usercptools_menu" style="display:none">
                        <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">

<tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[quick_links]</td></tr>

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="journal.php">$vbphrase[journals]</a></td></tr>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="chat/flashchat.php">Live Chat Room</a></td></tr>
                        <if condition="$vboptions['enablesearches']">
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td></tr>
                        </if>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td></tr>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_buddy_list]</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="thead"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_control_panel]</a></td></tr>
                        <if condition="$show['siglink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editsignature">$vbphrase[edit_signature]</a></td></tr></if>
                        <!--<if condition="$show['avatarlink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editavatar">$vbphrase[edit_avatar]</a></td></tr></if>-->
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editprofile">$vbphrase[edit_profile]</a></td></tr>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editoptions">$vbphrase[edit_options]</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[miscellaneous]</td></tr>
                        <if condition="$show['pmstats']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="private.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[private_messages]</a></td></tr></if>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="subscription.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[subscribed_threads]</a></td></tr>
                        <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[my_profile]</a></td></tr>
                        <if condition="$show['wollink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="online.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[whos_online]</a></td></tr></if>

</table>
                    </div>
                <!-- / user cp tools menu -->

Comment

dosnt make a difference, this is weird though using the smame account in firefox the menus come up fine just like i want them to though in IE the same account the 2 links i added dont show

Comment

Very strange. I can't work it out and can only that it is a small error somewhere in the code. I have found FF to be very forgiving and it will still render a page well if a couple of bits and pieces are missing.

IE can be more fussy and will "fail" things if everything is not in place. But from looking at your code snippet it all seems fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X