Keep a forum off the active topics page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep a forum off the active topics page

On our site, we would like our "off-topic" forum to not show posts on the active topics page. I have password protected that forum, and also disabled searching it thinking one of these two things might do it but apparently not.

Is there a way to do this? Some of our members are not interested in the off-topic forum and find its posts distractive on the active topics page.

Thank you.

This may not be the solution you had in mind but here is what we did to accomplish the same thing.

Created a new group called "off topic", then set the off topic forum to only be viewable by those belonging to that group.

Allow users to "subscribe" to the new group via their UserCP

This sets the condition that only those subscribed to the forum see the "active topics" with posts from there. All others do not even know it exists and no posts show in the "active topics".

Comment

That's a good idea. I will take that under serious consideration as an alternate solution. I guess there is no other simple way?

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X