Strange time problem on ForumHome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    I can't actually think of a way we could be fixing this, date is an internal PHP function and there isn't a way for a PHP script to set the date / time on the server.

Are you using any sort of Opcode cache like Zend Accelerator / eAccelerator / APC etc?
    Yes, we are using APC 3.0.10
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Can you temporarily remove it, disable vBulletin plugins and restart apache and bash it for a wee while to see if it appears again.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Can you temporarily remove it, disable vBulletin plugins and restart apache and bash it for a wee while to see if it appears again.
        Hmm, I'm not sure that would be too popular on a busy live site

Atm, it's still working correctly after the restart a few hours ago - if it re-appears then I will disable APC for a while, and restart apache, but I can't really kill all the plugins, too many features would die.

Comment

Are you sure all your plugins are safe and dont modify any of the timezone enviromentals?
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Are you sure all your plugins are safe and dont modify any of the timezone enviromentals?
            As sure as I can be. Most are written by me and don't touch any timezone stuff. The rest are all well known hacks, I can't imagine why any of them would - and a quick visual scan of the plugins shows nothing timezone related.

The only other thing of note is that when the server is rebooted, it seems to be an hour ahead for a few minutes (until timesync kicks in I think) - maybe this is somehow affecting the first few apache processes, even after the time has corrected itself. That might explain why it's not happening now after an apache restart.

I'm still puzzled by how it apparently corrected itself between the global start and complete hooks, what in vb apparently 'fixed' it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X