Restoring Specific Sql Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring Specific Sql Queries

Hi gang. I know how to restore a complete sql dump via phpmyadmin, however the only tables I want to restore are the users, threads, and posts.

I dont want everything because my board crashed and I am not reinstalling the same hacks. The only thing I really want are the users, the forum infrastructure and their posts.

Was specific table names or dumps am i looking for so I don't have to to search through this huge database?

Many thanks.
    PlayGameZone.Com
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/3/freebase.png

I don't recommend trying this since all the vB daatabase tables are interconnected and you will just mess everything up. You'd be better off installing a new copy then using Impex to import the old data.

Note: This will change all your existing user, post, thread and forum ID numbers.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

BTW, fresh install already. Already installed all my hacks that I wanted. Now I am just going to import users and forums and posts.

It's been awhile, a long while ago hehe, since I ran ImpEx but there is an option to just import the forums and users? Sweet I'll take a look. Thanks Steve.
      PlayGameZone.Com
      http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/3/freebase.png

Comment

Yes, you'll be able to import just that data.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X