Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiles & HTML Editor Not Working

Hello Group

I had this working at one time . I messed up a templates and created a new one. Which I am now using. However I cannot add smiles or have access to to the html editor. I have tried everything. except of course the thing I needed to.

What controls this non of the users have access to the smiles or html.

Make sure all the WYSIWYG editors are enabled here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Then make sure you have selected the enhanced editor in your User CP:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface

This should work assuming you have not altered the templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, I am close

The problem is in the user CP I only have two choices not three.

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
      I see two in the user cp: Standard & Basic. So now I have to get the 3 one in there at the admin CP. I do have clickable set I think but I wil check.

Comment

OK, I am close

The problem is in the user CP I only have two choices not three.

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
        I see two in the user cp: Standard & Basic. So now I have to get the 3 one in there at the admin CP. I do have clickable set I think but I wil check.

Comment

Now I have the 3 choices but I cannot edit the post with html or the smiles.

I also do not have all the options for html like we have here. On mine I cannot use the html but I also do not have all the things available at the top of the message area.

I must be missing something because it was woriking at one time,

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

This should be set to the third option, something with WYSIWYG.
            Then you should be able to select that option in your UserCP.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

OK I have all three options availaable to the user.

Everything shows up. I click on a smile and nothing happens. I click on the html section nothing happens.

It appears alot of new users have this problem so I am not a complete looser.

The only thing I changed in the templage was removing the vBulliten logo. However, I tried this with anther template and that did not work either.

I am a loooooooooooooooooooser

Comment

Add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if the error still occurs.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Hello vB Team

Thanks for the help.

Same things happen. I see what I see here in this forum but I cannot select a smileor use the html features. My edit screen looks excatly like this one. Should I do a new install? I really did not want to but there is something missing. Or I messed this whole thing up. But like I said I did have them working on one post. Now the user can only use the icons.
                  Last edited by caucus; Tue 18 Apr '06, 6:54am.

Comment

Hello Great Ones

I did a new install and all is working perfectly. Hey I lost all my posts but the board knows we are at a trial and error stage for getting this setup.

This time I am going to make a backup of the DB in PHPadmin before making changes.

Any other suggestions so I do not have this problem again!

Comment

There must have been something wwong with the initial installation. I did the same thing when I did an edit to the header and things. it worked pefectly now.

Thanks for all your great help. All problems were created by me or the first install.
                      Last edited by caucus; Tue 18 Apr '06, 11:31am.

Comment

i have the same probllem but i have 2 forum... the problem is only with this forum: http://81.174.49.196/forum/index.php
                        not for this: http://www.elaborare.info/forum/vbulletin/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by BieDdoS View Post
                          i have the same probllem but i have 2 forum... the problem is only with this forum: http://81.174.49.196/forum/index.php
                          not for this: http://www.elaborare.info/forum/vbulletin/index.php
                          the problem is only with firefox.... not with ie....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X