Attachments Problem / New Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments Problem / New Server

I uploaded my attach directory into admincp dir, this is where it was located on my old server. I then read about chmod 777 which I did to the attach dir.
    No attachments can be seen, and I get this error when searching for attachments in AdminCp:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html/forum/admincp/attach/6/3/2/251.attach) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/gsd103/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /attachment.php on line 168

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/forum/admincp/attach/6/3/2/251.attach): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /attachment.php on line 168
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Storage Type: Attachments Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /var/www/html/forum/admincp/attachActionMove Items from File System into Database
    Move Items to a Different Directory

Attachments are stored in a File system.

Here is the address when right clicking on a "red x" attachment in a post within my forum: http://www.socalsoccer.com/forum/att...1&d=1141339709

Thanks for the Help

I searched and found this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=open_basedir

Open_Base restrictions looks like my problem.

Comment

Steve did I find my own answer?

Comment

I don't know. AFAIK you cannot store attachments in the file system with open_basedir restrictions on your server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can you change where VB looks for attachments? Notice below how it is looking at the wrong path.

Location of actual attachment in FTP:/public_html/forum/admincp/attach/6/3/2

Location of same attachment VB is looking for: Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/forum/admincp/attach/6/3/2/551.attach): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /attachment.php on line 168

Notice the difference in locations each is looking for. VB is looking in the wrong spot.

Comment

Did you move everything form one server to another?

If so, edit config.php to enter into debug mode:

Under:
            <?php

Add this line:
            $config['Misc']['debug'] = 1;

Then to change the attachment directory:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Version Info and Other Untouchables -> File Attachment Path

Remove or comment out the debug line when you are done.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X