Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centering the message box ...?

Hi All

How do I make the message area centered within the panelsurround class? At the moment it seems to be offset to the right somwhat.

See screenshot... any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    John

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

By default the editor is centered in the middle. Compare your custom templates vs the default templates to find the design issue that sneaked in while customizing your style.

All the best,

Comment

Nope, sorry Floris the default template does the same thing. I have no plug-ins installed and this is the default template with narrow stylevars. There's something causing the non center justification somewhere.

Any idea?

I'd say it is the editor icons causing the right hand edge of the message box to extend to the right. Maybe if I left aligned the message area... hmmm... thoughts?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TheMusicMan; Sun 16 Apr '06, 9:56am.
      John

Comment

It seems that's it guys. It's not a bug or anything like that as it is simply a html issue, but neither is it anything at all to do with not using the default set of templates. Even if you do use the default vB style template this will happen.

It is because of this: If you want a narrow width forum, even with the default vB set, where the width of the message area is narrower than the combined width of the editor buttons, then this issue will manifest and you need to either align left the panelsurround entry in newreply template, or remove some of the editor buttons.

Here's the amended line you'll need from the newreply template... the line in red is what I changed from center to left;

Code:
        <tr>
        <td class="panelsurround" align="[COLOR=Red]left[/COLOR]">
        <div class="panel">
        <div style="width:$stylevar[formwidth]" align="$stylevar[left]">        
        $usernamecode
        Last edited by TheMusicMan; Sun 16 Apr '06, 10:13am.
        John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X