Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I delete a user, do I delete their posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I delete a user, do I delete their posts?

One of my users has requested to be removed from my website. I am wondering if this user's posts (5,000) will be removed from the website. If so, is there any way to NOT delete the posts? I don't like the idea of my website's postcount dropping from 50,000 to 45,000. Thanks, Zach

You won't remove their posts unless you delete them prior to dleteing the user.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You won't remove their posts unless you delete them prior to dleteing the user.
      Out of curiosity following OrionGraphix's original query (above), what actually does happen to a user's posts if that user is later deleted from the system -- i.e., what username is displayed on those posts/threads when they are displayed?

Comment

The original username and as the title Guest

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          The original username and as the title Guest
          That's grand. I wasn't sure from the info in the AdminCP whether their original username would still remain (I'm glad it will) - I'd half understood that all identity data would be replaced with 'Guest'.

This is useful to know: I had a rather frequent poster (1,000 or so posts), very popular, who died about a year ago. It would be good to delete his account so that others stop trying to PM him, etc.; but I surely wouldn't want his name removed from the messages.

Comment

This is why VB stores usernames in the post table as well as the userid, if the id exists it grabs the username linked to the ID, if not i understand it defaults back to the user who posted the thread.

Comment

Working...
            X