Ok here are my server settings

Server Type Linux
    Web Server Apache
    PHP 4.4.0
    PHP Max Post Size 23.84 MB
    PHP Maximum Upload Size 23.84 MB
    MySQL Version 3.23.56-log
    MySQL Packet Size 1.00 MB

First I have no] problems attaching files up to the maximum size that I set in my gallery. They attach and play inline. So the DB accepts these files through the gallery.

I am having huge problems attaching files larger than 1mb in my forum.

In the Admin Area I have:
    - ensured that the various extensions are there extension
    -set the max size to 20 mb for all the types
    -Ensured I have permission to add files

But whenever I try to up load any file bigger than 1 mb I get the following error

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO attachment
    (dateline, thumbnail_dateline, visible, userid, extension, filename, posthash, filehash, filesize, filedata)
    VALUES
    (1144681356, 1144681356, 1, 1, 'mp3', 'One.mp3', '65b484cd69c31441f12b26e103930d8a', '025851d9e2cfbe6e8a15a34b87df6f6c', 1569541, 'ÿû0\0\0ð\0\0i\0\0\0\0\0\0\r \0\0\0\0\0¤\0\0\0\0\0\04€\ (this continues for a while )

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Date : Monday, April 10th 2006 @ 11:02:39 AM
    Script : http://www.****
    Referrer : http://www.****
    IP Address : ******
    Username : ******
    Classname : vb_database

I have also test other extensions.
    -Test the ability to upload other files of various sizes
    XLS
    PDF.
    DOC
    WMV
    ZIP
    -With sizes from 100kb to 5MB.
    - < than 1mb works
    - > than 1mb crashes out
    Since the gallery and forum share the same DB and the Gallery can upload large files to the DB but the forum can not. Maybe this is too simplistic, but it seems that this is a VB problem.

Thanks

I don't know of any gallery add-ons that store the images in the database. They store them in the file system.

Change vBulletin to store attachments in the file system and you'll be fine.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Thats the MySQL max_packet_size which is 1mb by default.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
        I don't know of any gallery add-ons that store the images in the database. They store them in the file system.

Change vBulletin to store attachments in the file system and you'll be fine.
        Many thanks for youre comment. I was having the same problem as BlackRanger3d trying to store large files to the database. Per your post, I switched to the file system and poof, no problems!

Jonathan Kramer
        CableTV.com

Comment

I had the EXACT problem, and also switched to file sys and all is good. I spent weeks trying to figure this out, and was reading till my eyes were bleeding. The peeps here were great and gave me all kinds of reference to look at, and there's alot of it too. But it came down to the max sql maxpacket size from what i read. The problem was that I was on a shared server and could not get that parm changed. But all is ok with the file system. thanks guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X