Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autocomplete problem - can't turn it off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocomplete problem - can't turn it off!

Hi,

Just got 3.5.4 up and running - and somewhere in the process I saw an option to turn on autocomplete - thought that was a great idea, so did - until I found that it autcompletes EVERYTHING that other users have entered - including information in a private field I set up as an additional profile field. NOT good - and now I can't find out how to turn this off! It's somewhere, but I've spent an hour looking, including in the manuals, and nothing...

Help! feel like a dummy, but I give up!

Suggestion Box - make this an option for a field when adding a new profile field.

thanks, Grant

Autocomplete is not a vBulletin option, it is browser feature.

Comment

NO browser autocompletes what someone else has entered into a field on another computer - I know that!

So ok, it's not a vBulletin feature, then it's a hack or plug in - bummer. Anyone have a clue?

I thought it might be in vBSEO, but can't find it there.

Grant

Comment

Do you have any toolbars installed, Google for instance?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, I think I figured it out...

And I am DEFINITELY an idiot. tooooo much happening... loooong weekend getting the new forum going with a massive import.

Anyway, enough wingeing...

I had to change the permissions of several users, so opened and saved their profiles - which also saved ALL their information in my browsers autocomplete...

And when I went in to make a change on my own profile, there was their information in the autocomplete dropdown, including private info that was NOT supposed to be visible to anyone. I never entered it - in fact never saw it - it was at the bottom of the page, so got totally freaked out by an apparent major breach of privacy if everyone could see that info.

Add I DID see autocomplete option on something I installed in the last few days... if I ever find it will post here!

all's ok...

ta for the ideas.

Comment

Its a browser option. Nothing to be worried about.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X