Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IP address listing: is there a way to turn it off per forum or user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP address listing: is there a way to turn it off per forum or user?

My board has a forum that is used to post anonymously (using a hack that switches the user over to an "anonymous" user if they choose). Is there a way to turn off listing the IP address either for the user or for the forum? I want it to be truly anonymous, or at least so that it doesn't show the IP in the postbit. My Super Mods can view IPs and I really don't want to take that away anywhere else.

Regular users should not be able to view IPs. Check your settings here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Log IP Addresses
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I know that - I don't want the Super Mods to be able to see IPs either - but only in this forum (or for this user) - I still want them to be able to view them everywhere else. I was wondering if it's possible to do that?

Comment

This can be done with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response, I will check that out!

Comment

variables

I am working with Jennifer on this problem and I need to know what variable to use so I can filter out a particular forum but enable a certain user group.

So, I need the variable name for forumid and the variable name for the usergroupid.

Does a list of variables (or arrays) and their purpose that can be used in the templates exist?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X