New install 3.5.4 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New install 3.5.4 error

I managed to perform a new install of 3.5.4 without any trouble.
    My big problem right now is restoring my database off a backup file that's too big to import via my website's database control panel or myphp site due to its size (22MB).

Myphp suggested to use this thing called bigdump.php
    I upload bigdump.php along with my backup.sql file into the same directory, then I point the browser to bigdump.php and it does its thing until I see "Success."

I go back to VB AdminCP and any other page, and I get:

vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following:
    1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.5 files without also running the vBulletin 3.5 upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
    2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in /includes/init.php on line 185

Any ideas?

Did you follow the instructions in the error message? This solves it 99% of the time.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

error in vBulletin 3.0.13:
      Invalid SQL:
      ALTER TABLE moderatorlog ADD type SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
      MySQL Error : Duplicate column name 'type'
      Error Number : 1060
      Date : Sunday, April 9th 2006 @ 02:20:14 AM

I followed the step 1.. this is where it stopped.

Comment

Can we have the COMPLETE error message?

Comment

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.13:
          Invalid SQL:
          ALTER TABLE moderatorlog ADD type SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
          MySQL Error : Duplicate column name 'type'
          Error Number : 1060
          Date : Sunday, April 9th 2006 @ 02:22:26 AM
          Script :
          Referrer :
          IP Address :
          Username :
          Classname : vb_database
          Last edited by Seiken2099; Sun 9 Apr '06, 5:28am.

Comment

That error is from an upgrade - not the Admin CP as per your first post. It means that you have either run this upgrade step before, you are running the wrong upgrade or you have installed a hack that is incompatible with this upgrade.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is the backup.sql incompatible with 3.5.4? Because I'm doing a clean install (no upgrade) and I get this after successfully doing the bigdump.php

I've tried starting completely clean, recreating the sql database and everything.
              Last edited by Seiken2099; Sun 9 Apr '06, 4:55am.

Comment

I have no way of knowing if your backup is good or not. However installing and restroing a backup are two entirely different and mutually exclusinve things. What happens exactly when you try to restore this backup?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X