Change Statusicon globally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Statusicon globally?

I am trying to change the statusicon for new post old post etc.

I've read through the forum but can't find one specific to my issue.

I wanted to add a style option for users so I created a child of my existing style and changed the colour.

I uploaded the gif I wanted (In this case forum_new_blue.gif etc) keeping the original file for the original style (in the event users wish to keep that style) I searched the templates and changed forumdisplay and I think it was forumhome templates to my new file reference. It shows up in the bottom but along the sides of the forum rooms it still has the old gif and I can't find where else it would reference this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone?

Comment

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

From the forum rules:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918

Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
      Just upload the new images and overwrite the existing ones keeping the same name.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I think your misunderstanding.

I want to keep the original files for my default style.

I have added the new gifs in the same directory they just have a different name (IE instead of forum_new.gif its forum_new_blue.gif.)

I've changed my forumhead and forumhome templates to the new link. It displays them in the legend at the bottom but they don't display at the side of the forum rooms on the main page.

Comment

Create a new style as a replica of your current style, then amend the Stylevar entry for the statusicon directory, and ensure your new statusicon images are in the new statusicon style path.
          John

Comment

I'd still have to go in and change the file paths for that series of icons right?

Is there no way to change the reference. It still looks to the original file setup in the actual forum. Is it in one of the php files?

I've searched the template and there are no more references to the original file name in this copy of the style.

Comment

You should not have to edit templates. Just Style Vars.

Comment

I'm not sure how to do that.

I think I see what you mean. Copy the statusicon folder and then redirect it to that folder in the style.

I was hoping to have it be as simple as just changing to file reference so that I wouldn't have to duplicate directories etc.

I'm making 3-4 different styles from one each with minor colour changes and icons so I'll end up copying that directory a number of times.

If it can be done without all the duplication please let me know how.

Comment

I suppose you could edit the templates with template conditionals, but me, I'd just do different statusicon folders for each style. Duplication is easier because you don't have to worry about it when you upgrade to different versions of vBulletin. Template edits, you do.

Comment

amen! thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X