X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbTester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    You probally won't have access to that data specificly, as the header template does not have access to the navbar templates varibles., however you can view it in the navbar.
    Is there no way to access the current page title elsewhere? I can find no variable in the navbar that can be called from header; but it's precisely to separate the page title from the navbar display that I'm hoping to sort this out.

Is there some kind of global variable or vb_text call that can be used from, e.g., the header, to display the name of the current page?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You probally won't have access to that data specificly, as the header template does not have access to the navbar templates varibles., however you can view it in the navbar.

Leave a comment:

• mbTester
    replied
    Is there a way we can discover where certain variables are defined? I'm trying to develop a modification of the header template that includes the name of the current forum/thread (equal to the bolded breadcrumb entry in navbar) in some HTML text at the top of the page; I've tried $PageTitle, but to no success. Any recommendations on where this, and similar variables, can be found?

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    there are construct_phrase calls since its wrapped around sprintf

Leave a comment:

• Chris Gwynne
    replied
    Code:
    <phrase 1="value for variable 1" 2="value for variable 2">$vbphrase[phrase_identifier]</phrase>
    Where does the value for variable come from though, is it definied with a file? There must be somewhere where it stats 1={thisvariable}

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Generally in the template itself

<phrase 1="$foo" 2="$bar"> $vbphrase[phrase]</phrase>

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The values are passed when the phrase is called in the templates, like this:

Code:
    <phrase 1="value for variable 1" 2="value for variable 2">$vbphrase[phrase_identifier]</phrase>
    In the above example, the variables {1} and {2} in the phrase "phrase_identifier" will be replaced with the values you see definied in the template.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Gwynne
    started a topic Phrase Variables

Phrase Variables

Where are phrase variables defined?

For example...

Varname $vbphrase[by_x]
    Text by <a href="{1}" rel="nofollow">{2}</a>

Where are the phrases defined that {1} links to a profile and {2} is the name?