how to make usergroup totally invisable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make usergroup totally invisable

Is there a way to make it to where I could make say a "family" group who could acess and view the gallery ,forums ,links ,and cmps without seeing anything else?even the members of the forum and the "forum" members couldn't see the "family"?

You can hide a group from showing on the member list and showgroups pages, but it is a preference of the individual user whether or not they want to be invisible (not listed in the online list).

Usergroup access to forums, calendars, etc can be controlled in the Admin CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      You can hide a group from showing on the member list and showgroups pages, but it is a preference of the individual user whether or not they want to be invisible (not listed in the online list).

Usergroup access to forums, calendars, etc can be controlled in the Admin CP.
      Right.But they still show as newest user and can see the member list and see other users.So I guess unless I totally disable members list and whos online there is no way unless a hack can do it,right?

Comment

those users will still be visible from there profile urls
        example -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=103349
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Correct - there is no "total invisibility" feature for usergroups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            Correct - there is no "total invisibility" feature for usergroups.
            needs to be.

Comment

Working...
            X