Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox wants to download a .php file when submit new thread pressed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firefox wants to download a .php file when submit new thread pressed

    The title pretty much says it all, On my new board, firefox users are being asked to download newthread.php whenever submit new thread is pressed. The thread is successfully submitted, however being asked to download a file is annoying.

  • #2
    Does this only happen with vBulletin .php files or other php files too?

    Try making a custom php file like: test.php

    PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Does it also attempt to download?


    Do y ou have any plugins installed perhaps? Do you use mod_rewrite (changed .htaccess file?) have custom source code perhaps?

    Comment


    • #3
      a test with phpinfo works just fine, all pages display fine, the control panel etc.

      The only problem comes when trying to click a button with javascript on it. It does this for the submit form, and delete post. Ironically Preview post works just fine.

      The server does not have a modified .htaccess, and is using mod_rewrite to rewrite AROUND the messageboards to a zope web server. Any incomming connection to forum.mysite.com goes right in to the message board via a name based virtual server. Anything that does not start with forum. gets mod_rewritten to the zope server.

      Comment


      • #4
        I recommend to start a new support ticket and include your admincp url user/pass so someone from our staff can take a look. Please link back to this thread so they know what's up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Floris View Post
          I recommend to start a new support ticket and include your admincp url user/pass so someone from our staff can take a look. Please link back to this thread so they know what's up.
          Is there any progress with this ? I also face a problem similar to this. Sometimes newthread.php is being downloaded or sometimes the page freeze's. I disabled all plugins uploaded original files but the problem still continues. Both the funny part is thread creation completes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Did you try clearing your browser's cache? I had something simular happen on several php pages until I cleared the cache out.

            Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
            Is there any progress with this ? I also face a problem similar to this. Sometimes newthread.php is being downloaded or sometimes the page freeze's. I disabled all plugins uploaded original files but the problem still continues. Both the funny part is thread creation completes.
            Kim

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KimmiKat View Post
              Did you try clearing your browser's cache? I had something simular happen on several php pages until I cleared the cache out.
              I already did and it happens to all members.

              Comment


              • #8
                Submit a ticket as per suggested would be my bet
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X