Failure of e-mail to users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure of e-mail to users

In the past I have made successful use of the send e-mail to users feature. Just now I attempted to send an e-mail to all users. I got a few of the notices from users that sait out of office. But the rest seemed to be coming back in a torrent. I got hundreds of failure notices.

It is with interest that I note that I got both pieces of mail sent to my two user accounts, so those did not fail.

Why would so many have failed? It seems the majority failed. I cancelled the sending before it completed.

This is in 3.5.4.

....or, did the 2.x versions not have the failed message capability, and this means that I had that many fail under that old version? My list is a bit over 2,000 users.

Comment

How many members do you have? It can easily be that a lot of email addresses got updated.
      Also, what exact failure notice are you receiving?
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

This is a message for a lot of them: Hi. This is the qmail-send program at host.mydomain.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

....and also this:

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
        delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
        labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
        labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
        not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
        general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
        administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

As I say in my post, I have somewhat over 2,000 users, 2048 to be exact.

The first time I sent one out with this 3.x version I got about 15 of these. Now I get hundreds. I really don't believe all of those users updated their address in less than two weeks. Also, I would have gotten more than I did, except I canceled the send before it was even halfway completed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X