Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PM'S for Admin

Group,

Im not sure exactly what I did or what happen, but regular users can see and use private messages but me as an admin cannot see or access or use private messages at all, its like the feature never existed.

What would cause this? Did maybe some code in the forum home template get removed that would cause this?

Whats weird is that it is only effecting the admin.

Doug

Assuming you have not installed any hacks or plugins to affect this, you can set this in the Admin usergroup permissions.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Assuming you have not installed any hacks or plugins to affect this, you can set this in the Admin usergroup permissions.
      Steve,

Dont assume. Yes I have installed hacks and plugins. I am asking if anyone knows what would cause this, that is my question in this post.

Doug

Comment

Your first post mention nothing about having hacks or plugins installed. If you had mentioned this, then I would have provided a different answer.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Your first post mention nothing about having hacks or plugins installed. If you had mentioned this, then I would have provided a different answer.
          Sorry Steve

Doug

Comment

Anyone know what code within Vbulletin would have to be removed or edited to make this happen?

All the links regarding access to check Private Messages has been removed or hidden, even up where it says the Unread and Total amounts, that link for Private message is gone too. All that shows is the unread and total.

Just curious as to what code in Vbulletin if removed or altered would cause this as this would help me trouble shoot what I did wrong or maybe what a mod or add on did.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

Did you check the usergroup permissions of the 'Administrator' group?
              Or are you in a usergroup that's marked as a Banned usergroup?

Those are still the most likely options.
              If it's not one of those, you'll have to ask for help on www.vbulletin.org
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
                Did you check the usergroup permissions of the 'Administrator' group?
                Colin,

Thank you for your advice. I checked the Administrators User Group Permissions and that definetly was what the problem was.

Maximum Stored Messages:If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging.
                I had this set to 0 (Zero) as when I was going through the settings I misread what it said and thought that 0 (Zero) was unlimited. My Bad!

I sure feel stupid on that one, Don't know how I overlooked that one but It sure caused me alot of headache and time.

Anyway thank you Colin, I really appreciate it.

Doug

Comment

Glad you got it worked out
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X