Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stretch all the vb pages to fill entire page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn. still cant figure it out

Comment

Well, if it worked on the default style, then I would assume that it definetly has something to do with one of your mods and/or custom style.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

hmm...yeah. the thig is though, the way you suggested isn't locking the bottom to the browser, more than just creating a gap in the table itself. i was really looking for a way of locking it so that it was the same on every page... i appreciate ya help though

Ca nyou think of a way of coding a way of locking the 'footer' template so that it cant go anywhere but the bottom of the browser? if you see what i mean?

Comment

I don't know an "easy" method of doing it, unless you made the header and/or the footer larger to compensate for the space.

Another way to do this would perhaps make the footer float on the bottom, but not sure how you would accomplish this in vBulletin...

Then there would be, of course, screen resolutions, browsers, etc. which displays forum spacing/content differently, so unless you're testing on all of them, some people may not see that big space on the bottom of the forums at all, and some might.

So in short, I guess I have to say I don't know of a way to help you on this one.

Comment

bugger. thanks anyway .... :-(

hmmm.....this can't be impossible....surley....

Comment

I've started a new template, and did what you suggested first. Am going to build the new template around it and see if it cocks up at any point :-) thanks for ya help

Comment

Now did I see this posted over at vB.org?

Anyway, down below is an example of something that you're looking for. However, to make the content drop so you need to know the Footer height and then work accordingly. This works across most major browsers I believe.

Click here for the example.

Comment

Originally posted by Freesteyelz
                  Now did I see this posted over at vB.org?

Anyway, down below is an example of something that you're looking for. However, to make the content drop so you need to know the Footer height and then work accordingly. This works across most major browsers I believe.

Click here for the example.
                  That doesn't work in Safari; just tried it.

Comment

Safari...Can't win em' all. Regardless, it's valid XHTML and CSS strict according to W3C.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X