Weird email problem affecting my users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird email problem affecting my users

emails are coing through all screwed up. I'm wondering if this is a vbulletin problem which I am kinda doubting since I havent changed anything lately. or if maybe its a server issue. heres what the thread subscription emails are looking like.

Anyone seen this happen before?

Unsubscription information:
    Subject: Reply to post 'Looking for a Mountain Bike'

X-PHP-Script: chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php for 66.227.77.154
    To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
    http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...o=usub&t=39001

Return-Path: [email protected]
    To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
    http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...n&folderid=all
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
    Message-ID: <[email protected] es.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP

Dear ************,

VoytekNT has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Looking
    for a Mountain Bike - in the Health & Fitness forum of Chicagoland Sportbikes.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...1&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    admincp ajax.php announcement.php archive attachment.php calendar.php clear.gif
    clientscript cpstyles cron.php customavatars customprofilepics editpost.php
    external.php faq.php favicon.ico forumdisplay.php global.php image.php images
    includes index.php inlinemod.php install ipinfo.php joinrequests.php login.php
    member.php memberlist.php misc.php modcp moderator.php modules newattachment.php
    newreply.php newthread.php online.php payment_gateway.php payments.php poll.php
    postings.php printthread.php private.php profile.php red2black register.php
    report.php reputation.php search.php sendmessage.php showgroups.php showpost.php
    showthread.php subscription.php subscriptions subscriptions.php threadrate.php
    usercp.php usernote.php
    I've lead a couple of group mtb rides in Palos last year, don't mind doing it
    again this year as soon as it gets warmer and trails dry up.
    admincp ajax.php announcement.php archive attachment.php calendar.php clear.gif
    clientscript cpstyles cron.php customavatars customprofilepics editpost.php
    external.php faq.php favicon.ico forumdisplay.php global.php image.php images
    includes index.php inlinemod.php install ipinfo.php joinrequests.php login.php
    member.php memberlist.php misc.php modcp moderator.php modules newattachment.php
    newreply.php newthread.php online.php payment_gateway.php payments.php poll.php
    postings.php printthread.php private.php profile.php red2black register.php
    report.php reputation.php search.php sendmessage.php showgroups.php showpost.php
    showthread.php subscription.php subscriptions subscriptions.php threadrate.php
    usercp.php usernote.php

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications
    until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Chicagoland Sportbikes

Have you installed any hacks or plugins or edited the phrases?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Have you installed any hacks or plugins or edited the phrases?
      no nothing recently, even the prases are stock

Comment

Here is the phrase that is in my system. I have not touched it at all, so if yu see somethijg wrong here. let me know.

Dear $touser[username],

$bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title_clean] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle].

This thread is located at:
        $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
        $pagetext

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
        $vboptions[bbtitle]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
        $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid]

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
        $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Comment

this is really annoying, so far from what i can tell its only on these emails. my new user notifications and pm messages are working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GsxrTony
            no nothing recently, even the prases are stock
            What do you mean 'recently'. I asked if you had intalled any hacks or plugins? There is no reason to have his problem with the original vB code and phrases.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the only plug ins I have are the updats you guys end out periodically. the only hack i have is vbadvanced. I said recently all of that was added long ago when we did the 3.5 upgrade. with your plug ins since then, this problem just started a few dasy ago.

I'm not one who is alwasy tinkering with my board, once its up and running solid I'm happy.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X