$config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';

Option?

What is APC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      What is APC?
      http://us2.php.net/apc

Comment

I am not familiar with APC, but it appears to be a PHP accelerator that is not related to datastore access time.

Using memcache on the datastore will help performance if you have a lot of forums and/or usergroups.

Comment

Alright thanks. I would like to use memcache but I can not find any resources to help me with adding it to vBulletin

Comment

MemCache is an entire program that has to be run, it allows you to store files and programs directly insiden of memory.

Its not a normal setup.

I'd suggest just enabling file cacheing, APC will cache the fille and help speed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              MemCache is an entire program that has to be run, it allows you to store files and programs directly insiden of memory.

Its not a normal setup.

I'd suggest just enabling file cacheing, APC will cache the fille and help speed things up.

Well I actually just got memcache installed. Now I need to know the best way to configure it to run.

For example I got one example from another site:

Code:
              memcached -d -m 512 -l 192.168.2.10 -p 11211 -u apache
              How would I better configure this to run on my machine? Do I replace the ip address he has with my server ip? what about the port number?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I've got no expirence with memcache, how to use it, or set it up. Its alot of extra work just for some cacheing. AFAIK its generally used on an entire server and all of the avaible ram is used as a massive harddrive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X