Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search in Calendar events

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Search in Calendar events

    My users need to be able to search in calendar events but I can't figure out what I need to do to allow this. Can anyone help please??

  • #2
    There's currently no search calendar function.
    You'll have to use a plugin or code modification. I think there's something like this at www.vbulletin.org, I recommend you search there.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

    Please don't contact me per PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Colin F
      There's currently no search calendar function.
      You'll have to use a plugin or code modification. I think there's something like this at www.vbulletin.org, I recommend you search there.
      it seems the calendar hasn't been that well implemented yet, I'm finding it very limited

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree, there are some additional features I'd like to see as well.
        On the other hand, vBulletin is a forum system, and a good calendar would almost have to be an additional module.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

        Please don't contact me per PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          The only way i see a solution to searching events is to install the event forum from www.vbulletin.org.
          Then you can search and find all calendar info in the forum.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Colin F
            I agree, there are some additional features I'd like to see as well.
            On the other hand, vBulletin is a forum system, and a good calendar would almost have to be an additional module.
            Vbulletin is marketed as having a calendar function, which it does but its very basic and little more than one could create on a .mac group and so far most requests I've had for additional features have been met with little response even on .org. Was it developed in house ?
            Calendars are an important feature for a lot of forums now and it seems crazy I'm going to have to now find another system just because of the limits of this.
            Sorry to complain but it is very frustrating when so much of a forum does revolve around events.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Finn snor
              The only way i see a solution to searching events is to install the event forum from www.vbulletin.org.
              Then you can search and find all calendar info in the forum.
              Was it this
              http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ht=event+forum hack you refer to please?

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X