How do you install vb??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install vb??

Lol,I know I have my board up and running but unfortunatly someone else installed it for me,but I want to learn (bummer,hu?) Anyways I can get passed everything except the mySQL part.Thats why I got someone else to install it. And I am sure mostly everyone (but me unfortunatly) knows how to install it.So does anyone know how to install the mySQL part.lol.
    -Cedric

go to the members area and download the product - installation instructions are in there.

Your allowed to set up a test forum on your server (for just you to experiment on - it cant be publically accessible) -- so you can get practice.
    vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
    vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
    Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

This varies from host to host, so you would need to look at your hosting FAQ to see how to set up a database on your website.

We do have instructions for some common control panels in our manual here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/create_database
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
        This varies from host to host, so you would need to look at your hosting FAQ to see how to set up a database on your website.

We do have instructions for some common control panels in our manual here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/create_database
        Oh,thanks,did not see that.

Comment

If your host has cPanel, then you should follow the cPanel steps in the link provided by Martin. It really is a push-button affair.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X