Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Age for external.php

Hi There
    I have noticed that with using the external.php JS feed, it does not display threads after a certain date, even if the default view age is : show all threads for the forum. How am I able to change this, IE I want the JS feed to show ALL threads.. thanx for the help

It'll only show the 15 newest threads.
    Changing that would require code modification, I recommend you ask for help with that on www.vbulletin.org
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have set the thread limit to 15 (var max = 15 and set the default view age for the forum, and it was displaying the latest 15 threads in the past but in this forum there aren't many threads and they are mostly old so the external feed is not showing the older threads.

Comment

Hmmm... how old are they?
        As far as I know the threads are fetched from some kind of cache, so it could be that old threads aren't in there anymore... I'm not 100% sure though.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

the threads are no older than 1 1/2 months (posted on 31 Jan 2006)...how would i get the old threads in the chache again?

Comment

Do you have any code modifications or plugins?
            If so, please disable plugins and reupload any code modifications you may have...
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

No plugins or modifications installed..
              I have had a look at external.php and although my programming knowledge is very limited, I am sure this line of code has something to do with it:
              PHP Code:
              $cutoff = (!$vbulletin->options['externalcutoff']) ? TIMENOW $vbulletin->options['externalcutoff'] * 86400
              Last edited by tRichard; Sun 19 Mar '06, 10:45pm. Reason: [php][/php]

Comment

Duh...
                See, not even I know all the features/functions
                In your

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider -> Thread Cutoff

set that to a higher value.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

Great!! Solved just like that.
                  So many functions in the admin its hard to know all of em
                  Thanx alot Colin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X