issues with formatting controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with formatting controls

I just changed servers, I downloaded all my forum files and database and uploaded them onto the new server via FTP. All the database part is there, but the forums have been really screwy.

All the formatting and smileys are not working as well as the menus in the admin CP. When I edit posts they are all funny, they are formatted like html

The quick edit is not working either

like this

HTML Code:
    Like the CB depth chart now. <br />
    <br />
    #1.Spencer-think he could become a solid #1 caliber CB.<br />
     <br />
    #2.Rumph-though W.Harris could and SHOULD PUSH Rumph. Hopefully regains the form he had before December of 2004 before he broke his arm cause he was turning the corner but don't see much &quot;star ability&quot; in him currently. Maybe a year or two stopgap before the Niners maybe find another better starting CB candidate in the next few years. <br />
    <br />
    #3.W.Harris-gives the Niners a vet CB now with Plummer gone..doubt he did much to mentor any of the young CBs last year anyway.<br />
    <br />
    #4.Thornton-36 tackles/2 ints...played very well in coverage all throughout the 2005 season with no pass rush to speak of and probably didn't learn the entire defensive scheme since he was basically picked off the streets before the Colt game. <br />
    <br />
    #5.DJ-nice young ballhawk who seemed to be around the ball when good things happened whether that be in the preseason last year where he played very well leading the team in ints or when he recovered that fumble for a TD against the Cards in Mexico City.  Had a couple of ints slip out of his hands too...as good of a 5th CB the Niners have had in YEARS.
    Do I need to reinstall the forum? What do I have to do to get this back to normal?

I need to upgrade to 3.5.4, Should I just reinstall completely? I wouldn't lose all the posts and members since they are in the database right?

Honestly this sounds like a bad db backup and/or restore. How did you perforum this and can you provide some screenshots of these problems?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Most of them aren't visual problems. The formatting buttons look normal, but when you click them they do not work. Same with the smilies.

When you click on the more button for smilies, nothing happens. When you click on the amount of posts by a thread, instead of giving you a list of who posted in it, nothing happens.

I would do screenshots but I just don't think that would be helpful at all, it looks normal. I'm doubting it's a database problem, but I don't know the software extremely well.

Comment

If the db was backed up and restored correctly and the3 files were also uploaded correctly, then this should work just like it did on the old forum. Something is different - either the files or the db.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          If the db was backed up and restored correctly and the3 files were also uploaded correctly, then this should work just like it did on the old forum. Something is different - either the files or the db.
          Is there a way to find out which is corrupted?

Comment

Only by reuploading them again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

One of my posters who is running IE6 isn't having any issues at all, another guy who is running FF 1.0.6.0 has no problems either. I will try uploading the files again late tonight.

Comment

I re-uploaded them again, still have the same problems. It seems different users have different amounts of these problems depending on their browser. Does anyone have any idea?

Comment

Which browsers can you duplicate this problem on?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm running a FF browser and all these problems appear to me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

Another one of my admins is using an older version as noted above that has had no problems at all. I also have an older version of IE that has all the problems show up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X