Adding posts to a specific from an old database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding posts to a specific from an old database

Is this possible to do as i accidently deleted over 10,000 posts. But yesterdays backup will have the posts that i deleted.

I don't want to install the whole database as that would remvoe posts made during the time it was backed up and now!!!

thanks in advance.
    My Football Forum

is this possible or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My Football Forum

Comment

There is no easy way to do this. The only thing I could suggest is that you restore the backup db to a new database, setup a test forum using that db, then remove all the threads and posts you don't want. Then you can install Impex on your main forum and import the remaining posts.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        There is no easy way to do this. The only thing I could suggest is that you restore the backup db to a new database, setup a test forum using that db, then remove all the threads and posts you don't want. Then you can install Impex on your main forum and import the remaining posts.
        thanks i will try that tomorrow.
        My Football Forum

Comment

I installed the new DB with the new installation but i keep getting this error:
          Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php(4367) : eval()'d code on line 145
          My Football Forum

Comment

Try using your tools.php file from the do_not_upload folder to rebuild your datastore (try running the top 6 or so options).
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

yeah i disabled the plugins via phpmyadmin and then i run everything on the Tools.php script and it works. Now i have to find out how to import the remaining posts from the temporarily created database to my "live" database which is where the forum resides. I have to use impex as it says in the reply above.
              My Football Forum

Comment

You should be able to simply rerun the module in ImpEx.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X