Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    If you didn't delete the email you got when the post was reported, you still have the text

Leave a comment:

• Sparks Kelly261
    replied
    Do what I do.

Have your host run a script dbbackup.sh script via a cron job every 30 minutes to back up your database to a folder behind public_html.

It's handy recover stuff

Leave a comment:

• 2ndCz
    replied
    Okay, thanks Colin, that's what I figured. Good idea with the soft delete, that will work much better in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    No, if you edited the posts, there's no way to revert that.
    I recommend you soft-delete such posts/threads next time, as it makes it easier to reconstruct.

Use a space or a line break to seperate IPs

Leave a comment:

• 2ndCz
    started a topic My Very First Spammer!

My Very First Spammer!

Yesterday was groundbreaking stuff. My very first spammer joined the board. He started 4 threads in 4 different forums with the same cut/paste paypal scam. Someone hit report bad post, so I got notified pretty quickly and came over and banned him as he was creating his 5th thread.

I edited out all the scam text, and now I'm regretting not having saved it. Because if I want to report this fool to his/her ISP, I have no proof other than 4 threads with 4 scam titles.

Is there any way I can get the original text back, in case I want to report to the ISP?

Also, this was my first IP ban on the board so there is only one # in there. When I add additional numbers, do I separate them with commas, or put a carriage return and do them line by line (or does it not matter?):

or

(those are random numbers)

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X