My Very First Spammer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Very First Spammer!

Yesterday was groundbreaking stuff. My very first spammer joined the board. He started 4 threads in 4 different forums with the same cut/paste paypal scam. Someone hit report bad post, so I got notified pretty quickly and came over and banned him as he was creating his 5th thread.

I edited out all the scam text, and now I'm regretting not having saved it. Because if I want to report this fool to his/her ISP, I have no proof other than 4 threads with 4 scam titles.

Is there any way I can get the original text back, in case I want to report to the ISP?

Also, this was my first IP ban on the board so there is only one # in there. When I add additional numbers, do I separate them with commas, or put a carriage return and do them line by line (or does it not matter?):

or

(those are random numbers)

Thanks.
    Second Citizen: Where online virtual worlds collide. (MMOGs)
    www.secondcitizen.com | forums.secondcitizen.com

No, if you edited the posts, there's no way to revert that.
    I recommend you soft-delete such posts/threads next time, as it makes it easier to reconstruct.

Use a space or a line break to seperate IPs
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks Colin, that's what I figured. Good idea with the soft delete, that will work much better in the future.
      Second Citizen: Where online virtual worlds collide. (MMOGs)
      www.secondcitizen.com | forums.secondcitizen.com

Comment

Do what I do.

Have your host run a script dbbackup.sh script via a cron job every 30 minutes to back up your database to a folder behind public_html.

It's handy recover stuff

Comment

If you didn't delete the email you got when the post was reported, you still have the text
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X