Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I setup google analytics w/ goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I setup google analytics w/ goals?

I want to use the goals with my vbulletin site. I even downloaded the plugin on vbulletin.org but it doesn't seem to work with 3.5.4

Any other way to get the goals working? I have analytics installed in the headerinclude and I am getting stats but want the goals.

thanks for any advice

I am not familiar with "goals." Is it part of Google's Adsense program?

Comment

Goals is part of the google analytics option. It allows you to see how may visit but don't register or partially register, etc.

Comment

Please.....

Enlighten me more on this google thing.
        I must know...

Comment

http://www.google.com/analytics

Comment

Vbulletin team,

Any help with how to get this working?

Comment

You are best off to ask for help from Google, or seek help from others who have also setup this software. We provide no third party support

Comment

The problem is the registration process on VB is all on the same file register.php. This is the problem. Google is expecting different URLs for the registration, email validation, and completion of the validation. This is all done in register.php on VB.

Comment

Does not host provide you with statistical script? It will give you exact results and you do not need to wait 24 to 72 hours to see information. I have Googles Analytics and it is not impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by cgc99
                    The problem is the registration process on VB is all on the same file register.php. This is the problem. Google is expecting different URLs for the registration, email validation, and completion of the validation. This is all done in register.php on VB.
                    That is correct, however that file does not use the same templates for every page you'd need to edit the templates to get your desired result regardless, not the file itself.

Comment

But if google is relying on the URL changing, how will changing the template going to help?

Comment

Because the template that displays the page is not just register.php

register.php?do=signup is a differnt set of templates and url. So register.php?do=finish would be the last page (as an example)

Comment

Check out:

https://www.google.com/support/analy...y?answer=27288

Comment

This helps... although where do I actually put the different calls? Are there specific templates for:
                            -Birthdate check
                            -Rules
                            -E-mail has been sent page

Thanks

Comment

Any new info regarding this?
                              www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X